IELTS Listening Practiceadmin
The Four Sections for IELTS Listening Practice
1: Conversation between two people set in everyday context.
2: Monologue (single) set in everyday social context.
3: The conversation between up to four people set in an educational or training context.
4: Monologue on an academic subject.The time duration for the listening test is 30 mins (10 mins extra for transferring the answers).
The test is same for both Academic and General Training.IELTS Listening Practice tips given below:-
IELTS Listening Practice Tips
- Audio system– It is very important to check whether the audio system (headphones) is working properly in order to avoid any type of hindrance while the test. You cannot ask for another round, so it is better to make sure that everything is working properly.
- Multitasking – The audio will be played only one time, hence it is very important for the candidate to hear properly in order to understand. Read the question and listen for the answers and write down words all at the same time.
- Promptness – IELTS Listening Practice transferring the answer as much as possible before the exam. Sometimes, the candidates who are slow in writing might find it difficult to transfer the answers in 10 minutes.
- No Blank – It is always advisable to write something rather than nothing, as there is no negative marking. Estimating the answer can help if the candidate misses listening to the answer.
- Capital Letter – It is recommended to write in capital letters as it is far clearer and easy to understand.
- Beware of the number of words – Each time the question type changes, the number of words for the answer might change too. For example, No more than three words or No more than two words.
- Spelling – It’s important to check the spelling of a word while transferring the answer.
h) Do not panic! – Section 4 is considered as the toughest due to the complexity of the lecture. The answers may come slowly as the listening proceeds. It is important for the candidate to listen and jot down by concentrating more.