Skip to content
Before the exam date
- Prepare yourself by practising all the modules systematically, weeks before the exam.
- Do not get frustrated during preparation. Remove hesitation by joining the best institute in your local area.
- Have a good hold in English language, as IELTS evaluates the proficiency of English and not general Knowledge.
- Get plenty of sleep before the day of examination.
- Prepare everything you need the night before.
During the exam
- Read all communication from the test center carefully. You may receive the directions or advice on nearby hotels.
- Be early. Give yourself more than enough time to get to the test center. If you live far away, you may want to arrive the night before.
- Do not bring unnecessary items with you in the testing center. The only thing you will be allowed to bring is pencils and erasers, identifications and may be a water bottle.
- The listening, reading and writing modules takes place for 3 hours, therefore you will not be allowed to go anywhere. It is very important that you do not go empty stomach.
- You will be permitted to leave the room to go to the restroom if necessary. Raise your hand and quietly ask for the permission of invigilator. Do not disturb the other test takers.
- Do not read loudly while giving the exam. If you create any disturbance your exam will be cancelled after giving a final warning.
- The last module is of speaking which usually takes place before or after the exam of 3 modules. It takes up to 20mins for the face to face interview.
- During the speaking test, make sure your dressing sense is appropriate so that you comfortably give the exam.
- Be confident and stress free so that you do not get hesitant at the time of speaking.